Shawn and I were the hosts our this months MASH event. After being at camp this summer and going to a Redneck inspired banquet, I knew that was exactly what I wanted to do for our MASH. Most everyone I talked to at church thought it was a great idea and seemed excited to come up with a costume. Well we were not disappointed with the turnout and creativity in everyone's costumes! I laughed more last night than I've laughed in a while (well except I did laugh A LOT while visiting Lauren in Tennessee.) We asked everyone to bring "redneck fingerfoods" and boy what an interesting selection. We had squirrel meat, roadkill cake, bacon cupcakes, spam, beef jerky, mac-n-cheese, tator tot casserole, and some other hilarious weird and sometimes even yummy concoctions. We played games and all the winners won prizes like beef jerky, spam-on-the-go, and BBQ flavored pork rinds. We also had a costume contest with the winner taking home a trophy that had a yellow car freshener tree wrapped around it. What a wonderful memory!!!

Everyone had to pick a name tag with a redneck name on it. I picked Peggy and Shawn was Bud.
The first game we played was Ring Around the Plunger.
Next it was Chug-a-Lug. I filled baby bottles up with Mountain Dew...I kid you not, I've actually seen someone do that to their toddler.
Last, we played Chew-n-Spit. We gave each player a package of Big League Chewing Gum and once they got it nice and chewed up, they spit it as far as they could. Got a picture of Dusty's gum in mid flight. And do notice that he's wearing women's Winnie the Pooh overall shorts. That's pretty awesome.
My shirt says it all!!!
The Mullet brothers hanging loose.
And here we have all the true East Texas Rednecks from the party! Not a single one of us had a problem getting into "character."
And here's the whole group in all our Redneck glory!!!
1 comment:
What a fun idea...you all are just having too much fun! Would you keep those 3x size underwear for me..the rate I am gaining I might need them soon!
Post a Comment