Proverbs 31 talks about a virtuous woman and being a woman who is seeking to be virtuous, I love reading that chapter. There is a particular verse that makes me smile every time I read over it. Verse 13 states "She looks for wool and flax and works with her hands in delight." She loved to sew things. And as an added bonus, the verse number is my favorite number--that was just a very random side note. Anyway, I think this has been the year of really "working with my hands." I'm not sure why, but it just seems that I have been sewing WAY more than what is usual for me. Most of the time, it's simply because I can't find what I like in the store, so I think....hmmm....bet I could make that and off I go to JoAnn's. So last year about this time, I found a beautiful hexagon quilt online and immediately knew it was the one. I wanted to make that quilt. So I began hunting and gathering material in small increments and stashing them. Finally I figured that I had enough yardage to begin! I used an online guide to figure out how to make hexagon shapes and went for it! It really didn't take me that long to sew all the pieces together but I knew I was going to leave the actual quilting to a professional. I've done a small quilt on the sewing machine before and it was VERY difficult. So I found someone right here in town and dropped off the quilt back in August. Friday I picked it up and I was nervous to see it....what if it didn't look right??? But, I had no reason to worry because it was GORGEOUS! I am so very proud of this quilt. It's so colorful in a vintagy type of way and it's the just right length and width for me!
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
OH, Emma it is beautiful..I am so proud that you like to sew and make things. I am afraid it is a dying craft..but I still like to do the same types of things, Making some knitted scarves now that are very unique. By the way when are you arriving in Tyler for T-giving? Love, Mom
Love It! Great colors and patterns. You did a wonderful job.
~Shawnette
Post a Comment