Sunday, February 02, 2014

Cupid's Chase 5K

This weekend was the annual Cupid's Chase 5K.  Shawn ran this for the first time 2 years ago.  Last year I joined in.  This year Elle wanted to run it too!  Here we are waiting for the start and excited.  I have officially run enough of these kinds of things not to be nervous and not to hold myself to ridiculously high expectations....translation= I walk some.

Elle and her running buddy Gwen.  She was dressed as cute as could be and they stuck together the whole time and encouraged each other throughout :)

One of the positives of being a slow runner is that I can always get Shawn to take pictures of me crossing the finish line (although it says start?!).  He, on the other hand will never have his picture taken unless I'm not running.  And while we're on the subject, my husband CAN RUN!  Like REALLY FAST!  He finished with a time of 23:6 and was 5th in his age division and 47th overall and there were about 600 participants!!!!!  That is CRAZY!  My time was...slower...but I stayed on pace with my typical pace and that was with some walking and pushing a stroller so I was pretty proud...

Last year and this year, our congregation sponsored a water stop at the one mile mark of the race and also had a little table at the end of the race.  We handed out sweat rags, granola and bibles!  We also get to have our church logo and name on the shirt that all participants get and in the race day package that every gets...pretty great advertising!


Here's me and my running buddy Valerie.  We've probably done 5-7 races together and by together I mean, she's at the finish line hanging out and cheering for me by the time I get there! ha!
 
And here's our group from Gabriel Oaks that ran!  It's great to have such a great turnout in this fun little event!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I love this...and you ...and 5Ks when they are over....and greasy tacos afterwards....and homemade cheesecake. I think February has me in the mood for love. You are great!

Hollee said...

That's great!! Way to go!! And what a great idea for advertising your congregation! Thanks!!