Most of what you see from people online is the version of their life that they want you to see. It's the neat and tidy, happy smiling, clean-faced, hair-combed, everybody's-having-the-best-day-ever version. We seem to judge our own lives based on the version that we keep seeing of everyone else's life. That's not fair. Not fair to ourselves. Everyone knows that life isn't
that perfect all the time. Sure we have really awesome things happen in our lives and really great moments.....but they don't happen ALL the time! Having said all that, I share with you what it really looks like in my house on a regular basis. It's not all peaches in cream in here....it's a jungle most of the time. And I'm okay with that. Yes, I'd like everything in it's place....but seriously, there are humans that live in my house...and they desire relationships, not tidiness. And one day, there won't be any room to room messes with trails of disorganization everywhere I look. That won't be such a bad thing....but I think it'll be okay for now if we just can't walk barefoot on the tile without thinking we're on the beach.
The dreaded phone area....it's so hard to keep this area clean. It's sort of hidden so a lot gets stuck there.
Stuff everywhere! The kitchen island is a daily battle because it's mom-central. My calendar, keys, receipts, and all kinds of stuff stay up there all the time....very useful...very messy.
The living room isn't "too bad" right now. It's been way worse. But the cold weather has brought out all the blankets and with sickies on and off, this is where they hang out to watch TV while skipping school.
Oh my dear craftroom. It's actually decently organized...but there are always more projects than there is room.
The master bedroom. We consider this semiclean. Our bed is mostly made so that counts for something!
1 comment:
This is [one of many] reasons why I love you. You're real, you're genuine, you're YOU. :) So refreshing and such a blessing to be your friend.
Post a Comment