Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Last Library Halloween Party

Today was my last Library Halloween Party to attend...unless...just kidding.  It really is the last.  It's just a tiny bit sad, but I know I have years of school parties ahead to look forward to.  I have been involved with all the children's stuff at the library here for the last 7 1/2 years and that time is coming to an end next fall. Anyway, we got to get Levi dressed up in his costume for a trial run today.  

I started with a GENIUS idea that came from a bit of desperation.  Last night after a long day, I needed to start on the treats we were going to take with us to the library.  They were some super cute Rice Krispie Frankensteins.  So cute....a bit labor intensive, with multiple steps and wait time in between.  I really didn't know where the umph was going to come from for me to make them...but they were so cute in the pictures!  Anyway, as I was stirring the cereal, a thought came to me.....green monsters with crazy eyes.  YES!!!  So much easier and pretty much, one step!!!  They turned out GREAT!  This will henceforth and forever more be my "go to" snack for Halloween.  (I still might do those Frankensteins at some point...but not this year.)

Off to the library we headed.  We got there early so that Levi could play for a while.  I was deeply involved in finding some new books to take home and all of the sudden I spyed a lion looking at me through the shelves!

We enjoyed a few stories and songs and then it was time for snacks.  Levi also got the standard issue plastic spider rings.  :)

And I found this lion perched on the windowsill enjoying a sucker.  He's just too cute to be ferocious...though he thinks he is.  

No comments: