Another Halloween is officially in the books. The children are finally nestled all snug in their beds while visions of stomach aches dance through their heads. Today was the culmination of lots of excitement in our house. I have a bit of a sense of dread and excitement....I love this holiday but this also signifies the true beginning of the race to Christmas! It goes fast from here on....sometimes a bit too fast and there's always so much to do. But, I've run this race a few times as a mother and I'm aware of what's coming...and prepared and excited! Onto pictures of our day.
The Hippie, who told me tonight that she wants to dress up every year and always wants us to go with her to Trick or Treat. This gave me warm fuzzies.
The Grecian Beauty who stated that she only forgot once to say "thank you" after getting candy.
Our Lion, who took everyone VERY literally when they said "You can take as much as you want." He also stated "This pumpkin's getting all fulled up!"
A wonderful and easy year for costumes.
Party of 5 including "The Green Gringo" and the 70's runner.
We started at a small carnival in our neighborhood at 4:30. There were a few games and a fun photo booth and the best part was free hot dogs. Dinner-check.
There was also a magician. The kids got to watch for a bit, but we got antsy because daylight was burning and mama had a mission.
We met with our friends from church for our annual group trick or treating. This is our 5th year to get together and head to an amazing neighborhood in town!
The adults who dressed up.
Here's just two of the decorations we saw. This street goes ALL.OUT. It is a sight to see and we LOVE this street. I've told Shawn since we moved here in 2007 that if we ever move within this town, I require that we live on this particular street. I think I'd fit in pretty well.
After finishing up on this street, we headed back to our neighborhood and scored A LOT more candy! It was so nice in our neighborhood. So many kind families with lots of candy and not nearly as crowded as I thought it would be. Then we headed home to check out the night's loot.
I asked all the kids to separate their candy into two piles: Want and Don't Want. Levi made his two piles very quickly. Can you see the second pile? It's right there near the bottom left of this picture. Yep, the vampire teeth. That's the Don't Want pile. He does come by this honestly.
After letting them eat a little candy, I popped some popcorn for them, and we put in a Berenstein Bears Halloween DVD. They were content and distracted, which is exactly when I was able to swoop in and gobble up the best of the best.
It was a great night, and we made lots of sweet memories.
























No comments:
Post a Comment