Thursday, October 30, 2014

Things Didn't Go As Planned

This morning, about the time Levi was watching his 2nd hour of TV, we should have been at his preschool Halloween Party.  But instead, Levi was laying on the couch not feeling good at all.  Seems like he's following in his oldest sister's footsteps.  Elle missed her first Christmas Party in Kindergarten.  I'm still sad about that.  Either way, he seems to be feeling much better and in the spirit of trying to find the positive, I'm thankful that this happened today and not tomorrow!

In other good news, because I couldn't go anywhere I was able to sit, mostly unbothered for about 3 1/2 hours and work on a cross stitch I wanted to finish.

And I did!  Pretty sure I'm making an ornament out of this.  Saw this pattern last fall and loved it!

While I was busy cross stitching taking care of a sick child, Shawn went to two awards ceremonies that couldn't have been at less convenient times.  He had plans to get so much done at work today.  Had plans.  Past tense.  And for the record, we are pretty much letting Ava dress herself.  That is all.

The best thing about these awards is that they come with coupons for free food and those are two words I LOVE to hear together!

1 comment:

Jupers said...

Look at it this way...eventually you have to let them dress themselves!