Well, actually it should read "Four in a Row" because we have had four BIG weekends in a row...and I'm planning to do a garage sale this Saturday so make that five...I could keep counting but it's best to just focus on today....and the last two weeks, for this blog's sake!
Let's start with last weekend, which was L2L for us; Lad to Leaders. It's the culmination of a years worth of study, work, art, planning, sewing and all kinds of other stuff, centered around helping our kids to grow in knowledge and leadership within the realm of our Christian lives! Whew! It's a big deal and we love it! This year we were able to take about 35 people to L2L, our biggest group yet. And we only expect it to grow each year! Enjoy the pictures of our wonderful weekend.
Here were are taking our tons of luggage to check in at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, on Friday morning.
We quickly jump into events with Ava doing scripture reading.
Here's our precious, and I don't really like that word, but I really think it works for this group, so our PRECIOUS group of young people!
Here's our puppet team getting ready to do their thing!
Levi lead a song at L2L! He lead I'll Fly Away.
Ava led "I Am A Sheep." She was a finalist out of about 20 girls!
And here's our Bible Bowl team. They did in depth studies over the books of Ruth, Esther and Job! The 7th-8th grade team made finals also! Elle and Ava were on that team so wooohoooo!!!
Elle is on the far left of this picture leaning on me while I talk to friends. This is how awards ceremonies looked!
Our whole group...minus a few that left before Sunday morning!
Moms high-fiveing that we made it through another year!!!!
One of the projects Elle worked on was to sew something. She chose to sew her own Easter dress!
Ava learned to sew a reversible kids apron.
Both girls learned how to properly set a table and this was our Easter dinner table! I love how pretty it looks!!!
This was the poster our Banner team made and it turned out SO CUTE!!! They won 2nd place out of about 15 banners! Each of their talk bubbles is something they can do for God.
We are two weeks out from this trip...and have already solidified what everyone is doing for next year, as well as begun working on things!!!!
"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6














No comments:
Post a Comment