Sunday, September 17, 2006
Honey, I'm Home!!!
Well, I have made it through child bearing once again! Actually I've made it through major surgery which produced my child....I didn't really have to "bear" it. Anyway, things are going very well. I am recovering pretty quickly from the slicin and dicin...not in too much pain. It gets better every day. Considering how much sleep I'm getting at any one time, I doing pretty good about feeling alert too. Ava is a joy to care for. She is MUCH easier than Elle was right off the bat. She sleeps very well and it's hard to put to sleep. She nurses GREAT!...when I can actually get her to stay awake for more than about 45 seconds at a time. But, having done this before, I know that things get better every day and that is a golden nugget to hold onto when you are just starting out with a newborn. She is eating about every 3 hours and we actually have to wake her up for many of those feedings! I know some of you are thinking...never wake up a sleeping baby....well enjoy your anorexic baby then! If we didn't wake her up she would probably eat about 3 times a day...not too good for a newborn. Plus I wouldn't produce enough milk and then I'd have to give her to CPS since I wouldn't be able to afford formula. Anyway, Ava is great. She is SOOOOOOOOOO cute and I'm not just partial. I compared a pic of her and Elle last night and I actually think Elle had longer hair but otherwise they are very close. Elle is doing well. She is so glad that we are home for good and she's going great although she's jerking her Nana around all over the place! Well, I am waiting for my mom to bring me lunch and then it's nursing, pooping, sleeping and all over again for the rest of the day. I will update as often as my new mommy brain allows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It looks to me like Ava has darker hair and features than Elle?? But u did say that Elle's hair lightened up after she was born...I also think Ava's skin tone is a little darker, like more olive. Elle seems fairer. Well, just my thoughts from the growth I've tracked thru picture/blog land. :) Hope your 1st few days at home are going well. miss you.
Post a Comment