Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Good News

I took Ava back to the dr. today to get her weighed again. He had been concerned last week that she wasn't gaining fast enough. Anyway, she went from 8 lb 7 oz last week to 9 lbs even today. He was very happy about that and is no longer worried about if she's getting enough to eat. I guess I'm doing something right and with breastfeeding, that is really reassuring. I have found that it doesn't matter if you've done it before, it is still a somewhat anxious thing to do since you never for sure know how much they are getting. But, all anxiety is gone now and I know she'll do fine. She is going 4 hour stretches at night and that's nice, but I believe she's hit a little growth spurt because she is eating every 2 1/2 hours during the day. As for the fussiness that she has started recently, he prescribed Xantac for acid reflux though she doesn't show any other signs of it other than crying when put down. But, I said I'd give it a try and we'll see. If that doesn't work, at least I am reassured by the fact that Elle promptly stopped the extreme fussiness around 4 months old. That's really not that reassuring though if I have to endure 3 more months of screaming when put down for a nap. Pray for us!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl. She looks so peaceful. You are doing great and don't worry any more just relax. I love the blanket.
Give Ava and Elle a hug and a kiss.
Love Gramme

P. S. Shawn too.

Emily said...

I am glad that your doctor is happy. I had to get an anticolic medicine for Josey. If the other does not work maybe you could try it.

Lesley said...

So do you have to take the Zantac?
I like that blanket too. Maybe someday I'll be able to knit one. I guess I need to practice my knitting more. Does the hat fit yet? :)

Emily said...

Josey feels a little left out. She did not get her own hat, just a hand-me-down. We are working throught it together, but I think someday she will be okay.

Lesley said...

Tell Josey to join the club of poor second children who were born the year that Aunt Lesley began her first year of teaching. They were a little neglected. Don't worry, Josey is getting something special for her first birthday.

emma said...

The blanket has been one of my favorite things because it makes a perfect backdrop for b/w pics and color! Thanks Gramme!!!! To answer your ? Lesley, Ava will take the Zantac and we'll see....but I'm still not sure if I'm going to give it to her...I just don't know if that's it and she's been going to sleep pretty good that past day. She just has a major amount of drainage and I think that's keeping her from good sleep and waking her up too soon
:( As for the hat...I'm thinking they will both be Elle's this winter and then Ava's next winter unless Ava's head becomes freakishly large all the sudden...she does have Shawn for a daddy :)