Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Heavy Hearts

I wasn't going to write about this but I can't get it out of my head. As I write this, Shawn is attending the funeral of a man from our congregation. His name was Jeff and about 3 months or less ago, he was diagnosed with cancer. I don't remember the specific kind, but I believe it was lymphoma. He has been in the hospital nonstop since the day he went in for internal bleeding. Anyway, he was in his 40's with a wife and 2 daughters, one that is about 19 and one that is about 21. He died New Year's Day I believe and it's just hard to even grasp what they are going through. Not only was it a bad cancer and aggressive, but within 3 months of finding out he had it, he's gone. I'm sorry if this is sad for you, but I know that many of you read this and are prayful people. Please tonight, when you're dozing off, remember the Wallace family and pray that they find some sort of comfort in all of this. And also say a little prayer of thanksgiving for your health and your families health.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will, do. Thanks for sharing. Sorry, you are having a bad day.
love

Anonymous said...

oh wow. i had no idea that was going on. they will most def be in my prayers and im sure everyone elses...

The Montandon's said...

We will keep the Wallace in our prayers.