Yesterday was a long and interesting day. We woke up and Shawn looked at me and said "Wanna go to Frisco?" So, we all scrambeled to get showered, eat breakfast and get dressed before Ava's first nap and headed that way. We thought we would try and see if we could get Ava's picture taken, something we've been meaning to do for a few weeks. We get pics taken at the Picture People and there is one at the mall in Frisco. We called on the way and they didn't have any openings that day so we just figured we'd stop in once we got there and see maybe if they had a cancelation. When we asked the people at the desk, one of the photographers said that if her next person didn't show, we could take their place and what do you know...they didn't show (which is rare at the Pic. People). She also happens to be in my opinion the best photographer up there, especially for babies and young kids. So, we scooted right in and snapped off around 30 pics of Ava with a few with Elle also. They turned out MARVELOUS! The best pics of Ava yet!!! So, later that day we came back to view them and try to pick out just a few from the 30. It was so hard! So she printed them out for us and we headed home. About 15 minutes out of Frisco we were looking at them again and both of us just said that we thought the color was off or it looked flat or something. Just not nearly as nice as what we saw in studio on the screen. Mind you these were digital prints so when you go messing with digitals and "fixing" the lighting and such, it can really change the overall color of a person and give them odd tones. So I called and they said we could come back in a work on them. Remember we were 15 minutes out with 2 sleeping kids in the car. But, we turned around anyway and I sent Shawn in to work with them to make them look better while I drove around the mall for 30 minutes. Finally, he was done and when I saw them again they were PERFECT! So, after a little shopping where Shawn FINALLY found some tennis shoes and we both a few other necessities, we headed home. Now Frisco is about a 1 1/2 hour drive, maybe a little less....about 10 minutes outside of Greenville, Shawn asked where his cell phone is. I haven't had it so I start looking around and then he looks up and says, "I'm pretty sure I left it in one of the shoe stores when I was trying on shoes." Well, no turning around now. About an hour after we got home we got a call from a shoe store letting us know that they had his cell phone. So, where do you think Shawn and Elle are this morning....that's right, Frisco, getting his cell phone. It works out well though because I really needed to do some cleaning and reorganizing so I've had the house mostly to myself all morning. So, that's our adventure from yesterday. So to see all the pictures we took yesterday click on the following address and it's the album dated 1/29/07. Enjoy!
http://smilestore.picturepeople.com/my/images?allsets=true To log in, contact my email and I'll give you the password and stuff, but I don't want to put my email address on the blog.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Shawn & Emma~All of the pictures look so great! I don't know how you will choose just a few. Elle and Ava are sooo cute!
~Shawnette
I was exhausted just reading. Hey Shawnette how is life treating you? barbara
girly friend - email that password now! can't wait to see the pics. know your email, so all i need is the secret word. :)
Post a Comment