Well, there are two more foods that can be added to the list of foods ava hates; sweet potatoes and bananas. I tried both today with the same tried and true reaction that all other foods except bread have received...the lemon juice face. I just can't figure her out. She loves bread and she loves her little finger food snacks that are like cheerios but with a banana taste, but she hates anything else. Will she ever start eating food???
Shawn left this morning for LTC. This is his first year to do this and I talked to him alittle while ago and he seemed quite impressed with what it was all about. He'll be home tomorrow evening. My parents came in for the afternoon today and spent time with the girls. My mom brought easter baskets and Elle got to eat a lot of candy, which started showing the effects right about bed time. She had a great time with them and after Ava got comfortable with my mom, she loved her. She kept trying to grab her nose off.
Well, nothing else new. Just thought I'd tell you the latest.
Friday, April 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I have always heard that you have to give them a food 11 times before you can really say that they do not like it. It is all new at first and it might be a texture thing. It sounds like she likes more solid things so you could add cereal to her food to make it more thick. Just a thought. I hope you are doing well with Shawn being gone and rash free!?!
I've heard of lots of babies (breastfed ones especially) that skipped baby food altogether. The ones I know, their moms would just give them real banana, shavings of apple, any soft food like mashed potatoes, and let them feed themselves really early. Bonnie never really took to baby food, she was eating grilled cheese sandwiches, etc. really early. Just my take.
Well, I'm not a mom, but I have never met a person who doesn't like food, so I think Ava will figure it out eventually. :) I hope Shawn has fun at LTC. Erin and I both did LTC growing up and learned a TON about the Bible that way (thanks, mom, for making us study for Bible Bowl for hours every night). It was a lot of fun...especially when we won. :)
And you always won. And that was back in the days when you had to know the answers to the questions.
Post a Comment