Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Fever

Before




Before


We have been saving little bits of money here and there for a while in hopes of revamping our flowerbeds this Spring. Yesterday we bit the bullet and did it. Let me just say that I think choosing plants for the flower bed has been a harder test on our marriage than ANYTHING else! We came through it with flying colors though and truly hardly any fighting! It is harder to make decisions about plants than anything I've ever done...especially on a small budget! Anyway we got all of it picked out yesterday and around 6 pm(I love the time change!) Shawn began the work. We pulled up all the old stuff and "went Green" by recycling it to the backyard. I was proud that we didn't throw it away even though it isn't our favorite types of plants. Anyway in the front we put purple fountain grass, lavender, a few joystick red thrifts, and two sweet brooms. We are also planting one sage plant on the left side of the flowerbed to cap it off. Later this afternoon Shawn is also going to sow some bluebonnet seeds throughout the flowerbed. We are very excited to see how it goes as the seasons go on. I am so glad it's Spring!

After

I am so glad he likes to play in dirt...yuck!


The back fence (and a half naked little rugrat sticking her stomach out)

5 comments:

erin said...

Looks good!

Emily said...

Well done. When you come up you can work on our front flowerbeds. They need HELP!

Anonymous said...

After you finish at Emily's come to my house. Looks great. love you

Lauren Hope said...

the beds look great!!! i am so jealous...i am working on mine right now, with no help for the accountant. :( my hands are the dirty ones! hehe

Anonymous said...

Nice job...starting to look like you have been there for years! Nana