Okay I didn't really actually win the lottery as far as scratch off tickets go. But, I do feel like I won the "married-a-man-who-goes-above-and-beyond-as-a-father" lottery. To some degree, you can tell when you are dating someone if they would be a good husband or father, but really you just don't truly know until you actually have a child with him and then see what happens. Had I just gone with that idea, hmmm...the first time I saw him with a child, he was holding him upside down by his ankles and accidentally lost his grip and dropped the kid on his head. Oh dear...lol! But I can now say will full assurance that I got one of the ones that are really rare. He is amazing with our daughters. He loves to wrestle with them, even when he's just gotten home from work and he really just wants to take a quick nap. He watches cartoons with them in the afternoon and likes it! He makes them pink/purple/blue pancakes...whatever color they want and adds funny faces to them sometimes. He takes them fishing and almost never gets annoyed with doing all the slimy work. He loves wearing pink...something he never wore before our 1st daughter. He prays for their husbands just about every night with them. He doesn't mind changing diapers and with all three kids changed every single diaper while we were in the hospital. He spends his day off with them and incorporates all of us into his free time. He wakes up before everyone and is usually the last to go to bed. I can only hope that our kids will someday understand just how blessed they are. Right now, this is the norm to them. They don't realize that this is truly not the norm in society. I'm not a mushy-writing type so I'll keep this part short. I am so thankful to God every day for giving me a husband who is such an amazing dad to our three kids! 
They were so anxious to give daddy his gifts!
Levi wasn't too impressed with the whole Father's Day festivities.

1 comment:
I agree 100%! Shawn is the very best Dad I know (besides Tim and my own Dad of course!) He's not just an awesome Dad though, he's a wonderful Christian, and friend! We love you Shawn!
Post a Comment