My mom and sister came in Friday to see Levi and also to pick up Elle. Elle took a big step on Saturday and chose to go spend a week with my mom at a family reunion up in north Texas. She seemed very sure of her decision and never wavered. So on Saturday we packed her all up and waved goodbye to our little girl that we wouldn't see for a whole week! As hard as it was for us to say goodbye, we knew it was a good thing. A big part of parenting is teaching your children to be independent and this was a big step for all of us. We have talked to her once since she left and she already sounds so grown up. She was in great spirits and having a blast! I sent her with a disposable camera and taught her to use it so it should be funny to see what she comes back with. We are so proud of her for being such a big girl!
More than ready to go!
Could this picture be any sweeter? My sister met Levi for the 1st time this past weekend :)


3 comments:
Way to go Elle Belle! Such a big girl going off by herself. And yes, that picture of Levi with Laura is so precious!
Wow, what a milestone! Such a great idea to send her with a camera. Children have a unique point of view, and always take the most unexpected shots. :)
How's the week going so far? Congrats to her for doing that! I remember my first "independent" trip (or at least the first one I could remember.... I had a blast with my cousins, and it's also the week I memorized my first song...."Don't Take the Girl" by Tim McGraw. I'll never forget spending hours with my cousins memorizing the lyrics! Can't wait to see your post of Elle's return!
Post a Comment