Recently upon telling my friends that Levi was pretty much potty trained and didn't need diapers anymore, one of the first things they said was "You need a new bag. Time to get rid of the diaper bag." Great friends right? Not, "Wow! Great job potty training your son!" or "Can't believe he's already there!" or "Yeah, now you won't have to stretch your money as far, with diapers!" Nope, I got, "Girl, that's a What Not To Wear type of thing hanging off your shoulder." To be fair...I knew that bag was going to have to go soon. The straps were worn completely bare and it was looking "nursery." So, I began scheming a while back and looking for good laminated cotton, in hopes of making the bag more sturdy. It did last 2 1/2 years of going EVERYWHERE so I'm fine with it. Anyway, found the fabric on etsy at a great price, found more fabric at JoAnn's that coordinated and away I went! I'm one of the sewing people that once I start, I can't barely tear myself away from the machine. It's hard on the back, but it's exciting to have the finished product really fast! Anyway, here's the new "sassy" tote. I tried really hard to go to a real purse before making this bag, but it just didn't have enough pockets for all the things I carry. So I went back to the same pattern I used for the last bag, and just used more modern fabric. I LOVE THIS BAG!!!
Please laugh at this picture...I'm trying to look overly-serious-a-little-angry-modely.
These two little rascals are my constant shadow and want to be right up in everything I'm doing. I did figure out today that Levi is actually an okay companion when I sew. He is interested in watching how the sewing machine works. :)
1 comment:
Bwahahahahaha...your "fierce" America's Next Top Model face is TOTES HILAR. LOVE.
Post a Comment