Sunday, October 28, 2012

Thirty to the SIX!

I am married to a 36 year old. I feel like I'm only 18 or so, so this is almost an illegal marriage. But somehow, someway, I am officially married to a 36 year old. He is TWICE as old as a high school senior. (Don't know why I'm harping so hard on his age....I'm only about 2 years behind him!) Anyway, for his birthday, he wanted to go to Chuy's which made me cry with joy. A few of our friends were able to go to and it was a wonderful lunch! I brought his favorite cupcakes and we sang to him. The waitress also brought him an icecream dessert with the number 36 written all around the edge of the plate in caramel. We even got home with enough time for the old man to take an afternoon nap...I've heard you need more naps the older you get.

 To make it even better, we got the celebrate the engagement of our friends who got engaged this weekend!!!  We are beyond excited that God has brought them together!!!
My handsome boys

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi Emma!! Please tell Shawn Happy Birthday for us and tell Courtney congratulations on her engagement! We miss you guys a lot, and hope to come see you some time after the new year, once Josh is old enough to travel (and hopefully more patient than his brother was on road trips) Only 21 days till he comes :)