We started with a trip to Whataburger for hash brown sticks...one of the few high calorie items that he'll eat really well. He asked me "Mommy, is this three?" and showed me his fingers as I buckled him in the car. We've been working on that for a while now.
Yummy hashbrowns....but in true Levi fashion he ate 3/4 of one hashbrown stick and proclaimed that he was done. We were in Whataburger for a total of 2 1/2 minutes.
Then we came home and I remembered to take his picture in front of his birthday banner. Again, he's concentrating really hard on holding that pinky down with his thumb so his fingers make three.
I had saved one gift from this weekend's party, to give him this morning. I had it at the bottom of the stairs when he woke up. In true 3 year old fashion, he would have nothing to do with it and acted mad that it was even there. After coming back from Whataburger and telling him that it blew bubbles, he had warmed up a little....but only a little. And when it didn't blow bubbles very well....well, more three year old antics ensued.
Next we opened some of the cards he received over the weekend that I held onto until today. This part he had no issues with and enjoyed it. Whew.
After opening mail, I took him outside to play with his new remote control cars that Gramme got him. He really liked playing with these!
And while outside, I thought I'd get a bluebonnets pictures...wrong again. This was the nicest he smiled...he kept going back and forth between a "mean" face and an unhappy pouty face.
Then his best friend Uriah stopped by to give him his birthday present.
This is the only picture of Levi being nice, because out of the 45ish minutes that his friend was here, he was mean to him for about 43 minutes of that time. But there was those two minutes....on camera, no less.
And this is how he looked the second time our family sang Happy Birthday to him. The first time was in the car as we took the girls to school. He put his blanket over his head, stuck his fingers in his ears, and screamed "STOP SINGING TO ME!!!" This photo was taken after his nap and we all tried again to sing the song and he ran to the couch, screaming at the top of his lungs and attempting to bury himself in the pillows.
If today is any indication, the threes are going to be TERRIFIC!!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment