Wednesday, April 24, 2013

To Mom, with Love

You know you have truly arrived at motherhood when you receive a gift like this....and you love it...because your child spent a lot of time and creativity working on it, just.for.you.  This could be a peek inside Ava's brain...hmmmm....
 And after giving it to me, she said "So where are you going to put it?"  Gulp.  Guess I better look around quickly and find a use for it...so I checked in my craft room and saw that my scissors could use a fashionable "holder" so there it went. 

In other news, I am working on not snacking when not hungry...these things are my secret weapon.  I keep gumballs around and every time I want to eat, I pop one in my mouth!  Some days I go through 10 pieces...some days less. 

And lastly, I went on our annual Ladies Retreat with the women from church this past weekend and for breakfast Saturday they had some blackberry jelly out.  I'd never tried it before so thought I'd be brave (I live on the edge.)  Anyway it was DELICIOUS!  I think I'm a full convert to Blackberry Jelly!!!  It's delicious...you should try it if you never have...it's okay to live on the edge every once in a while.

No comments: