Monday, April 01, 2013

Mini Meal

Today was April 1st...one of my favorite days of the year.  I have two children born in April and I cried both times that I didn't go into labor on April 1st....I wanted an April Fool's baby so bad.  Anyway, today I continued the tradition of helping my kids need therapy later in life.  I still think I'm going very easy on them.  I am waiting until they will just get mad and not cry to bring out the really good stuff...a few more years to go. 

So I started with a simple worm in the sandwich.  I wish to anything I could have seen their faces as they bit into their sandwich and realized a worm was in there.
 
For dinner tonight we had burgers, corn on the cob and ranch style beans.

 And here it all is on the table....it's miniature!

As in itty bitty!


Levi was mad.  He started crying.  The boy was ready to eat and this wasn't food.  And he wasn't happy about how much milk he had either.

The girls know now to expect the unexpected.  They went with it. 

He finally warmed up to it enough to drink the milk.  He still wasn't sure about this tiny burger. 

The "burger" was actually vanilla wafers, a peppermint patty, green dyed coconut, red food gel and a yellow starburst flattened to look like cheese.  I thought they looked VERY realistic!
 
And here's the real meal next the the April Fool's meal!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I seriously LOVE that Levi cried. Izzy and I laughed out loud. Great job! I see you threw some "devil's fruit" on those mini burgers. Ya nasty.

Valerie said...

I seriously LOVE that Levi cried. Izzy and I laughed out loud. Great job! I see you threw some "devil's fruit" on those mini burgers. Ya nasty.

Valerie said...

I seriously LOVE that Levi cried. Izzy and I laughed out loud. Great job! I see you threw some "devil's fruit" on those mini burgers. Ya nasty.

Jupers said...

Very cute Emma..do not know how you keep it up! Poor Levi but at least he was hungry! Bet he ate all his real burger!