Well we have another camping trip under our belt. It's a monumental effort every single time we go camping. We pack like we are going to be gone for weeks. It takes a whole lot to prepare for a family of 5 to head out into the "wilderness." All I can hope is that my kids have good memories of these times together. I think as long as I continue providing a steady diet of S'mores on these trips, everything will be just fine.
We started the trip by immediately spotting and killing a snake. In hindsight, the snake probably should have been kept alive since it was harmless, but still I don't think it would have gone well if it had slithered into our camp/tent area.
After the snake incident, we began putting the tent up...as it lightly rained. This wasn't a reassuring thing. But it did make us put the tent up much more quickly. And then all the "neighborhood" kids stopped by to check out our house.
Then I sent my kids to check out our neighbor's house. The rain had pretty much stopped at this point, thankfully!
One of the families that camped with us brought their four-wheeler and took the kids for rides up and down the river. The kids LOVED it!
Here's the group that braved camping with kids! (One family didn't stay that night, because they didn't have a tent big enough...lucky them!)
We woke up bright and early this morning. When you don't have TV to watch, watching bacon fry becomes your entertainment.
And here's our traditional picture in front of the tent. And Levi is crying hysterically, which I believe was caused by us asking him to quickly take a picture in front of the tent.









1 comment:
Great family memories! I would sing "Memories" but you know that is not my talent!
Post a Comment