Saturday, May 03, 2014

Going Our Separate Ways

My sister turned forty on Thursday.  We had planned our first ever girls weekend with my mom to help usher in my sister's 40's.  Unfortunately Shawn's grandfather died recently and the funeral was planned for this weekend too.  I was headed to East Texas, and Shawn and the kids headed to West Texas.
Shawn picked the girls up from school on Thursday and they began the long drive to Lubbock.  I was sad I wasn't there to help him out.  It's not easy taking the kids on a 6-7 hour drive without help!  But, he said they did great!

I did feel a little guilty because while he was enduring that drive, I was eating some delicious fish tacos at a Mexican food place in Tyler.

After dinner we headed back to the house for a Black Forest birthday cake...it was yuuum.

Friday, Shawn sent me a few pics from Lubbock of our kids playing with their cousins.  I know they are loving spending time with them and will be sad to tell them goodbye...at least until July!

For our Friday fun, we headed to Frisco to shop till we dropped...which we did.  We had such a fun time taking our time!  We also ate at the Cheesecake Factory, which was my first time.  Oh.My.Goodness.  Love.  We also ate at a Mexican food place for dinner that was equally delicious!  Good food is just as fun (if not more) than good shopping, to me!


This morning, we girls woke up and headed out for a little bit more shopping in Frisco.  Of course, we started with Starbucks to get us going.

We both picked this shirt to try on....cute but not cute enough to buy. 

While I was shopping all over Frisco, Shawn was looking at this beautiful scenery.

But he did get to spend some really good time with his siblings and dad as well as family he hasn't seen in a long time.

We came back to Tyler after eating lunch at Orange Leaf (that's my kind of lunch!)  Here we are with some of our loot!
 
As soon as we pulled up to my parents house, I moved all my stuff to my car and headed on back to my home, sweet home.  Somehow the schedules worked so that I have the house to myself tonight....it has been glorious!  Tomorrow everyone comes home and I will be excited to see them, but this has been a wonderful trip, getting to shop, eat good food, laugh, take a mommy break and have some quiet time.  I couldn't ask for anything more.

1 comment:

Jupers said...

Loved the pics of our trip and your Austin trip with Grammy and the garden pictures and the crawfishing trip. You and Shawn do such a great job of keeping you and your kids life so interesting! Good job!