Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

We started this Mother's Day with lots of presents and cards!  In this first picture I'm checking out the craft that Shawn did with the kids.  They each got to paint a letter in their favorite color.  Then they glued pictures of themselves throughout the years, on their letter.  I absolutely love this craft and love the pictures they picked.  I will treasure this forever.  I'm headed to IKEA this week to get a shelf for my craftroom where I can display this and other crafty things.
 
Here's a closer-up of the letters.

The other thing the kids and Shawn did for me, was start a Mother's Day journal.  They each wrote a special note to me and the page was signed and dated so that on down the road, I can go back from year to year and see what they wrote.  This made me want to cry.  This is the kind of stuff I love.

Then I started the process of reading ALL the cards that the kids wrote me...mostly Ava.  I think at last count, Ava has made me 9 cards.  But she also worked at her craft table with Levi, with no prodding from anyone, to help him make me cards. 

This picture just makes me laugh.  Shawn had tried so hard to find me a little something from just him for Mother's Day.  He ordered a "Cheetah print infinity scarf" and didn't really check it when it arrived.  He just wrapped it up.  So we were both surprised and speechless when I opened the package and pulled this out.  I didn't want to tell him I didn't like it because I figured this is what he wanted to get me, and I don't think he knew what to think!  Either way we both figured out together that what was shipped was not what he thought he was getting!  It did give us a pretty good laugh...it could almost be a twin sheet!

 Feeling the love, one tree's worth of paper at a time.

No comments: