Friday, May 09, 2014

It's all about Me!

That's right folks...it's Mother's Day Weekend at my house!  It officially began this evening.  I really didn't want to deal with a Sunday lunch out to eat...too rushed yet service is S L O W and all I can think about is how with every second we are sitting at the restaurant, that's one less second of time I could be napping!  So, we have plans for a delicious lunch at home on Sunday.  BUT.... I still really wanted to go out to eat so we set our sights on this evening.

Everyone got all spiffied up and we headed out the door.

I hadn't been able to stop thinking about the Cheesecake Factory since I went for the first time last weekend...so that's where I picked to go!  No one else in the family had ever been there before so I was excited for them to experience it.  Altogether, the kids ordered about $20 worth of noodles of various flavors, which they promptly ate about 2 bites of and said they didn't want anymore.  Lovely.  Why did we take our kids with us?  Oh wait, it's Mother's Day.

I tried the Raspberry Lemon cheesecake and it was really good....but I could buy a whole lot of Cherry Berry for what that slice of cheesecake costs...I'll stick with C.B.  After that we headed to Mardel's for some supplies that I needed for a bulletin board I'm working on.  Then we headed to one of my favorite places to shop for camp costumes as well as everyday stuff....GOODWILL!!!  I had gone there with the intention of finding a few fun things for the dress up days at camp.  I didn't see anything for that, but did find some AWESOME deals on "real" clothes.  I found a fedora from J.Crew that I'd been on the hunt for, for summer...paid $3.99.  I found the cutest skirt and paid $5.99 for it.  I got a really great very lightweight button up shirt with a print I LOVE for $4.99!!!


We also found Levi his first cowboy hat.  It is the cutest thing EVER!  I can tell it's an expensive hat from the weight and sturdiness of it...paid $2.99.

And last but not least, these two pairs.  I am laughing just looking at this picture.  Somehow, both girls found shoes that match their personalities to a T, and in a woman's size 5...which fits them just right.  The heels even aren't too high.  They fell completely in love and the shoes came home with us...on one condition; the girls had to pay for them by themselves and they happily doled out the money!
 
But wait!  There's more to come.  During the writing of this post, all the kids and Shawn were downstairs for a second night of secretive crafting.  After listening to Shawn trying to stay patient with a very excited "group" and guiding them through some crafty thing for me, I don't even care what it turns out to be...the fact that he's willing to work with 6 hands going in 6 directions and try to help them make something for me, makes me feel pretty special!

1 comment:

Jupers said...

How cute can those pics be! Love the cards and letters with pics on them and love the Goodwill finds! I love to find good used clothing! I like to use anything that still has some life left in it! Even houses! Guess that is why I live in a house built in the 20's! Love to all. See you soon!