Today was the last day of school, which also makes it the first day of summer!!!! What a fun, long, exhausting day it has been!
We started at 10:30 with watching the first grade awards. This picture was taken as the principal officially declared them to be 2nd graders! They all cheered!
We headed back to Ava's class to have pizza, cookies and watch a movie. Ava and Levi were sharing a chair. (and without conflict!!)
Then around 11:45, we headed up to Elle's class for silly awards and more pizza. Elle received the "Little Miss Sunshine" award for always being a "big-hearted, happy-go-lucky girl." Character awards mean more to me than any A she could get.
Levi was in hog heaven. This was his second round of pizza and in Elle's class the girls love to play with him and he loves when they give him attention.
I pulled Elle away from the party for just a minute to take her picture in front of the 5th grade hall. I teared up at least 3-4 times from the moment we parked the car at the school until we left today, imagining her graduating from elementary. I need to get this crying stuff over with before she's actually there in a year or I'm going to be a big puddle of tears on the cafeteria floor! (p.s. today the kids were invited to wear their pajamas so please know I would have usually required both girls to dress a little nicer than this!)
And here's my Ava getting ready to head down the 2nd grade hall! After this, it was about 1pm and we headed home for our last quiet moment until August!
When the girls came home today, I had a sign waiting for them! I cheered them on as they pulled into the driveway. They got so excited! I love what each of them is holding. These weren't props from me. This is truly what they came home from school with!
Interestingly enough, within five minutes of getting home, a front blew through and it rained for about 20 minutes! I don't think that has every happened on the last day of school! The girls immediately headed outside to play in it and as the rain slowed down, Ava begged Shawn to come jump on the trampoline and spray her with the water hose. It was so fun to watch both of them just enjoying the moment.
After dinner tonight, as is customary when we celebrate just about any occasion, we headed to Cherry Berry for our first cool treat of the summer!
Let the fun begin!










1 comment:
Sweet sweet and sweet! Love the pics and milestones!
Post a Comment