Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Party Chaos

What has been the most chaotic part of this whole holiday season, you ask???  Children's Christmas parties.  Straight up.  Yesterday we attended two and today we finished with the other one.  Whew.  I'm glad that is over!
We started with Ava's 2nd Grade Christmas Party.  They put on an entire musical with Christmas tunes who's lyrics had been changed to sing of the plight of a gingerbread man.  It was pretty amazing for 2nd graders!  It's too bad that I didn't know this was what they were singing about since I own an adult size gingerbread costume...I'm sure Ava would have loved for me to wear it. Not. 


Then we moved onto the most subdued Christmas party I've ever been to...a 5th grade party.  It was so odd.  The kids were quietly hanging out and painting and slowly munching on treats.  It was such a contrast from the 2nd grade party.  It was also a little sad to think this was probably Elle's last school Christmas party ever.  I hope 6th grade doesn't send us all into shock.  (and no, we didn't mean to match, but it does look cute!)

Last, we headed to Levi's preschool party today.  Now that one was a doozy.  I have never in my life experienced the level of hilarious chaos that I experienced today at his preschool program.  I should have filmed it, but I couldn't even think because it was so crazy.  Here is Levi in a typical showtime anxious stance, smooshing his hands all over his face as he stands in front of a crowd of parents.

Then he forgot everyone was watching and all the boys started getting rowdy.  Luckily all the kids dispersed to get snacks about this time so we were saved from a wrestling match.  Don't mind the fact that Levi's shoes are on backwards, despite the fact that he asked me before we left this morning, if his shoes were on the right feet.

And here we are.  Three parties marked off the list.  And don't judge my dessert plate.  I am who I am.

Smartest decision I made this year with parties: signed up to bring plates and napkins for each party. 

No comments: