Today was the 5th Grade Business Fair at the girls' school. The assignment was the come up with something to sell, make at least 20 of those items, and then decide on advertising and price. Today was the culmination of all that effort. Elle and I worked and worked and worked on her project. I learned A LOT about patience, and Elle learned A LOT about using a sewing machine. I think she only cried once during the whole process and that was on the first day. I quickly put an end to that stuff since I knew we had a long road ahead and I just don't deal with crying real well when something HAS to be done. Anyway, I really am so proud of all that she did. Just about the only thing I did was guide the fabric as the sewing machine sewed. She did everything else!
Here she is ready to sell! She picked out each and every fabric and I love that I was finally able to do something with some of my massive stash of fabric!
Some of her favorite friends had their booths right next to hers. It worked out well because every single one of them ended up buying a headband from her! :)
It's a pretty large event! There were around 60 "vendors."
I love this picture. Our librarian tried on a headband and ended up buying one from Elle. She's pretty awesome anyway, but this puts her over the top.
She sold out!!! Less than an hour after the business fair started, all 20 headbands were gone! I wish we had made a few more....but I really do believe that 20 was pushing both of our limits!
They don't know, but both girls are getting a least one more for Christmas, made with fabric that fits their personality to a tee. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment