Sunday, December 07, 2014

Church Christmas Party

Last night was our annual church Christmas party.  I look forward to it more and more every year.  The games are fun, the food is good, and the people are family!  This year was no exception.  Last year our Christmas party was in the basement/cafeteria of the school we were worshipping in.  It was nice to be in our own building again!  
To back up earlier in the day, we went to our city's Christmas Stroll and Parade on Saturday morning.  They were offering face painting with a line that was a mile long.  I haphazardly threw out the idea that I'd just face paint them at home so they would please not make us stand in that long line!  It worked...except they actually expected me to paint their faces when we got home.  It really wasn't too bad.  The girls wanted snowmen and Levi wanted a Santa hat.  Done in about 10 minutes and no long line to deal with!  And they proudly wore it to the Christmas party!

Someone had props so I picked mistletoe.  Shawn was happy with my pick.  I love how Ava made it into this picture.  

The organizers of our party have each child bring a stuffed animal they are okay parting with.  We then do a game where the kids get to pick a new animal.  I love this idea.  All the kids leave with a new stuffed animal!

We also do a white elephant gift exchange with the grown-ups.  There were plenty of pretty nice gifts and also plenty of gag gifts.  Remember this doll from Thanksgiving?  It showed up at the Christmas party and one of our elders got it!  We all got a good laugh out of that!  I'm pretty sure it was the grossest gift.

There was also a picture scavenger hunt all over the building.  In the kids category, Ava got 3rd!  
 We had a great time and I'm sad that it's over.  I love getting together with my church family and LOVE playing funny games!  Until next year...

No comments: