Friday, June 19, 2015

Kidless; Day 1

This morning we met Paul and Carolyn in Waco and handed our three kids over.  They were taking them back to Tyler to spend a few days with each set of grandparents.  Everyone was so so excited, but I think Shawn and I may have been the most excited!

Since we were going to be in Waco, Shawn planned a few fun things for us to do after dropping the kids off.  He took me to an antique store where of all things, I found the specific Mexican vanilla that I like to use and was almost out of.  Odd to find it there, but it was cheaper than where I usually buy it so SCORE!  After that, knowing my love for pulled pork, he found an amazing BBQ placed called Vitek's that was everything I hoped it would be!  I ordered a good ol' pulled pork sandwich and he got the pulled pork nachos...which were SO delicious!  I need to go back soooon!

After that we just aimlessly drove around downtown Waco (because you can do things like that when you don't have kids with you and no one even complains) and stumbled upon my favorite mural I've ever seen in my whole life!!!!!! (Corner of 10th and Columbus in Waco if you want to check it out for yourself!)

Once we got back into town, we made our now traditional run to the store to buy me some sugar cereals that I don't have to share with anyone for a whole week!
Then we headed home and mowed the lawn and then headed back out to do a little bit of window shopping.  We ended the night perfectly; with cereal, icecream and our favorite show, Alaskan Bush People!  Day one is in the books and it was wonderful!

No comments: