It's ironic that my "Kidless" Thursday revolved around waiting for a kid...to be born! Let's back up a little though.
We started our day with a 25 minute walk this morning. It was nice to talk uninterrupted. I know this is soon going to be a thing of the past again. As we were starting our walk, my best friend Valerie was checking into the hospital to be induced today.
This is one of my favorite things in the world. I'm working really hard to eat all the evidence of this, before Saturday when we pick up the kids. I'm almost there.
Shawn and I ran errands during the morning and then tried a new place for lunch called Vertskebat which makes pretty much a Greek inspired flatbread type sandwich. So very glad we finally tried this place and can for sure mark if off the list of places to ever take our kids. They would hate this place, which made me excited that we went there without them!
Then we waited and waited and anxiously waited to hear news about Valerie's labor...and finally we couldn't wait anymore so we headed to the hospital. We knew we'd have to leave the hospital by 4:55 pm to make it back to Georgetown for a dinner we'd been invited to. Within 30 minutes of leaving, the baby was born!!! Dinner was wonderful but it was hard to contain myself thinking about if she'd had the baby...I didn't even know until we went back out to the car to go back to the hospital and saw that they had posted a picture of their newest addition!! They didn't find out the gender of the baby before having it so we were all shocked that after two boys, they had a GIRL!!!! Everyone is thrilled and I'm already in love with her.
And then I needed to soothe myself that I had had to leave that baby, and that it had been such an emotional day...so more icecream. I couldn't finish it though, which leads me to believe that I may have officially hit my limit on icecream for a while. I'll test that idea out tomorrow and we'll see.






No comments:
Post a Comment