Saturday, June 20, 2015

Kidless; Day 2

We started like we start most Saturdays...garage saleing!  This might have been the most successful garage sale we've ever been to.  More on that in a second.

To celebrate, we ate donuts.  I kept thinking about how excited I was not to have to wipe sugar donut sugar off of kids! (It's the little things)

So back to that garage sale....here's the haul.  We just happened to be in the right place at the exact right time.  A bookstore in town was liquidating all of it's brand new inventory through a neighbor and so we got all of this brand new stuff for a total of $29 dollars.  I'm guessing there was about $300 worth of items (or more)...all brand new....and all going directly into the Christmas closet....so shhhh! if you happen to see my kids!

Then we headed to our friends house for a MASH event.  This was a water event for the kids, and even though we didn't have our kids to bring, we still wanted to be with our friends.

And I got to love on this cutie too....her cheeks are delicious!!!

For the rest of the afternoon, I piddled around the house and then got serious about getting the whole 1st floor of the house clean!  It felt so good to get it spotless...and know that it is going to stay that way for a whole week!  
This evening, Shawn and I each had different events planned.  Shawn headed down to San Marcus for a surprise party for his Uncle Cliff.  He said he had a great time and that he was fed well!

I had organized a church swap party!  About 15 of us met at the building and brought all the stuff we wanted to swap and had a great time getting rid of our "junk" and getting others "treasures."  We had a LOT of stuff!  My best find was a brand new DVD of Cars since the one we have is scratched so much that it stops often!
This kidless thing is sort of nice for now!

No comments: