Thursday, June 25, 2015

Kidless Wednesday

The day started with waking up at 8 (thanks to Tylenol PM) and watching Hoarders, where there was an unbelievable cockroach infestation.  Great way to start the day.  I headed to the pool later to meet a group of my friends and their kids...since I didn't get quite enough sun and water from the eight hours I spent at Schlitterbahn the day before. 
Here's most of the gang.  It was Valerie's (in the black) last day at the pool, since she's giving birth today!!!!

Later in the afternoon, I got a pedicure. 
I can not begin to tell you how much self control it took on my part to not jerk my foot away and laugh hysterically.  It was just about too much.  It tickled so badly and I've learned that I should always take a friend that will distract me while all of this foot touching is going on.

The finished product....notice anything....like that I have on two different colors of flip flops.  Yup, never done that before till now.  And the girl doing my pedicure only noticed when she went to put my shoes back on my feet and she gave me a look as if to say "How could you be so dumb."  Made me feel even dorkier.  Good times. All you can do is laugh.

For dinner, we met with Eddie and Mary Parrish, the first preacher Shawn was co-workers with at his first ministry job way back.  Eddie was speaking at our congregation last night so we took them to Dale's for a big ol' juicy burger.
After church we headed to our traditional summer Wednesday night location to eat sno cones.  No pictures of either of those things because I don't like to awkwardly pull out my phone to take pictures.

No comments: