Thursday, October 08, 2015

A Wedding and The Garden

The whole reason we decided to make the 15 hour trip to Colorado was for some sweet friends who decided they liked each other enough to get married!  We have known the bride since she was in our class at Camp Blue Haven back in 2008!  She was just going into 11th grade and we just got each other's humor.  Her husband was our boy cabin's counselor this past summer so we got to know him well too!  I love nothing more than seeing two camp counselors fall in love and get married!  I didn't take any pictures of them at the wedding because I felt like there were so many others taking pictures and I didn't want to take away from their time to mingle and enjoy everyone.  Shawn and I did get a few of the ceremony and a few others.

The venue: the groom's family's yard...it was beautiful.  The morning of the wedding was pretty foggy and there was a slight chance of rain, but about 30 minutes before the wedding, the sky completely cleared up and turned a beautiful blue!  

Waiting for the wedding to begin

All dressed up in the woods

Shawn and his brother Chad, who performed the ceremony.  Our niece Ivy was the flower girl and did a great job!

After the wedding, Shawn and I changed and headed to Garden of the Gods.  It was amazing to see!

These rock formations are so much bigger than they look in the pictures!

I tried my hand at free climbing from thirty three feet off the ground.

If you look closely at this rock, just a little below the very middle of the picture you can see a person climbing...this gives you an idea of the scale!

Shawn is in the crevice of this huge formation.




So glad we had such beautiful weather to enjoy such an amazing place!

No comments: