Wednesday, September 20, 2006

1st Doctor's Appt

Ava had her first check up today on her 1 week birthday! It was at 8:30 this morning and that was EARLY considering my lack of sleep! But, I was pretty proud of myself....I actually shaved my legs for the first time in a while and did my hair and got dressed all before 8:20 am!!! I wish I had the will power to do that every morning because it makes me feel so much better, but when the alarm goes off it's just close to impossible right now. I actually wore a non-pregnancy shirt today to the appt and that was a big treat for me! Still in pregnancy pants and will be for a while but I have quite a collection of those so that should be fine. Ok, on to the point of the post. Ava is doing wonderfully. She was 8 lb 3.5 ounces today which is just 1/2 oz under her birth weight. That seemed to surprise the doctor for the good. He said her jaundice was going away just as expected (almost all babies have it when born). Everything about her checked out great and we go back next wed. for the 2 week check up. Funny thing happened while he was weighing her. Of course she was naked and as he started taking her off the scale she started peeing...all over the scale, then his hand, then the floor and finally the table where it dribbled off the side and pooled and even bigger puddle onto the floor. It was quite funny and I thought to myself "That's what you get for getting her naked in this cold room!" All is well. We are just settling day by day into this new crazy routine. I know things will settle as every day passes. At least the weather is nice and I believe fall has arrived which improves my mood drastically! I couldn't take another day of heat!!! Well, enjoy the pics and have great sleep tonite! Be thankful if you get to sleep all night!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

"Enjoy the pics"...does that mean you are going to post more pics soon?