Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Counting Down

I've always been a count-downer...Christmas, my wedding (started at 270 days away!), birthday, trips, and now the birth of Ava. I thought it would help Elle actually see how many days are left before she gets here since she doesn't get "only one more month". So at about 25 days and counting I made a pink and red chain and hung it from the ceiling in the kitchen. Every morning before breakfast she pulls a chain off and we count how many days are left. She has really enjoyed doing that and when I point to the last one and ask her what will happen when we pull that one off, she knows "Baby Ava will get here!" We are down to seven days! For those that are picking apart my math, I don't count today or the day of the birth! It's my little way of feeling that much closer to the date!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Emma. That makes Elle feel such a part of the whole event. She will be a great big sis. I am counting too.

Lesley said...

Your life is much more interesting than ours right now, so don't look for any updates on our blog.

Anonymous said...

What a darling idea! Just like Christmas! I can't wait either! Can you make me a chain?

Anonymous said...

The anonymous was me...NaNa!