Monday, September 04, 2006

Not the labor day I was hoping for



This was not posed! It was so hot and I was so tired by the time Shawn snapped this one!

It has been a wonderful labor day, but it would be even better if it actually lived up to its' name! But, there are still 8 hours left of today so who knows! We spent a low key day at home today. It has been rainy and dark outside all day and we have LOVED it! We are so sick of sunshine that we couldn't have asked for better weather for our labor day. For lunch we grilled out hotdogs, made rotel, and had red velvet cake from Brookshires (a big splurge for us!) For dinner we are grilling out hamburgers, more rotel, and I'm working on homemade icecream! YUMMY!!! We also took my now infamous "pregnancy silhouette" pics today. I'm 38 weeks today so I felt it was a good time to do that JUST IN CASE I didn't get another chance to. I did these type of pictures in my first pregnancy, but I've gotten a lot better. I took pics of my sister a year ago today when she was in the early stages of labor. I also took pics of a friend from church in the same gown last year so I've really gotten a lot of use out of that gown. I should go into business!!! Anyways, enjoy the pics and have a restful Labor Day. I have a week and 2 days until my personal labor day! :)

8 comments:

The Montandon's said...

Oh Emma, The picture of you made me hurt and I'm not pregnant.
Looking at them made me remember how hard we worked to find you a gown to have your picture made in and most of all what fun we had doing it. I am printing this one off so I can compare it to yours with Elle. You look bigger but it could be you are futher along in this new one. Can't wait for Ava's arrival. Take care
Love you Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Oh, you look so sweet! Aren't pregnant women the best? I love that dress, it makes you look so ethereal and beautiful. Like a Mommy Angel. And I FINALLY decrated Elle's flower girl basket, you're going to LOVE it! And she'll have such fun with it after the wedding!
Love and miss you all.

Lesley said...

Did you take those pictures at your house with your camera? That is one big belly.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture.

Emily said...

Riley saw the picture and she said look at her tummy. I told her that baby Ava was in your tummy and she said, but she is hidding. The pictures look good. One week! It is so crazy to think that this time next week will be your last day as a family of three. FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

You look so beautiful! (I'm talking about Emma, not you Shawn) We can't wait to meet Ava.
Love ya'll,
Kelley

Emily said...

By the way Carolyn, we are glad that you are not pregnant!

Anonymous said...

How is it that you can look so beautiful pregnant?? What a good mommy-to-be you are. I'm thinking about you everyday - know you're looking forward to the 13th...for many reasons. Wish you all the best. Most of all I wish I was there to hug you!!!