Thursday, January 18, 2007
2nd Opinion
Well, I have a not-so-flattering story about myself to air. I went to the dentist a few weeks ago and was told I have SIX, yes that's 6! cavities that need to be filled. I have always had quite healthy teeth and there have only been a few years in my entire life that I didn't see a dentist every six months. A year ago, I had my annual x-rays done and was told I had two areas of decay and that if I flossed and brushed consistently, they probably wouldn't get any worse. So, for the first time in my life (almost) I started flossing....not always every day but regularly. So how in the world when I went back last month did I all the sudden have SIX cavities. So, today I had an appointment at another dental clinic for a second opinion. The good news: my first dentist wasn't trying to rip me off....the bad news: I still have 6 cavities. I have an appointment in March to get everything filled and it will set us back around $350! YIPPIE!!! I love to burn through money especially for cavities (can you sense the sarcasm?) I am looking forward to sniffing lots of laughing gas :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
My condolences for the loss of your no-cavity teeth and the $350.
Just so you don't feel too bad, I had about 10 cavities this past year that set us back $1000. Just tell yourself it could be worse. Sorry to hear about it though, I know that it is no fun.
At least you know the truth. Are you going back to the first dentist or staying with the second one? Let me tell you having babies can do a lot to change your body.
Well you know when you have babies they just suck the calcium right out of your teeth! Love the pics...NaNa
I am going to go to the original dentist because they are the only ones on our insurance. Emily, I feel a lot better now! :) Like I said I am excited to just sit back and relax and sniff some good stuff for a while and be taken care of...does that mean I need a break...I'm actually saying I want cavities filled in order to have time to myself!
You might need a break. My whole face was numb for hours afterwards because they were top and bottom on both side of my mouth. You should check into a mini vacation. It costs about the same and is a lot more fun. :)
Post a Comment