Friday, April 13, 2007

7 months old

It's Friday the 13th and my baby is 7 months old today. I took both of the girls to the dr. yesterday for a weight and height check. Ava is 27 1/4 inches long and weighs 15 lbs 6 oz. She's just a little thing! Elle is now 29 lbs and 37 inches tall. Both girls are doing very well. Ava got her first TWO teeth yesterday. I could see them under the gums for a few days, but yesterday they really came all the way through. No problems, or pain seem to accompany these 2! YEAH! I'm still diligently trying to get her to eat. She ate half a blueberry muffin the other day and ate some pancake Tuesday. She'll eat any bread product but forget the baby food! I'm still working on getting her to eat rice cereal since it has a lot of iron in it that she needs. I may call the dr. and see if he has any hints. I've tried mixing her baby food with some apple juice and she still turns her nose up at it. This is 2 months now of trying to get her to eat it.
I am working on disattaching her from me lately. She gets very upset if I put her down or turn to walk away from her. Last night I sat about 2 feet from her and read Elle a book (more like yelled Elle a book) while Ava screamed her head off. She just wanted me to hold her. She will never learn how to crawl if I don't put her down so I've been doing a lot more of that lately. She doesn't like it but she'll learn. I'm willing to listen to her cry to get two free hands every once in a while! Enjoy the comparison pics.
Elle was between 15-16 lbs in this picture and was about 27-28 inches long so they are pretty close together in the numbers. Elle had said her first word by this point which is amazing to me. She had said "mama" and "dada" and a few weeks later said "kitty." I think Ava's first words will be "pick me the heck up before I have a coronary!"

3 comments:

Lesley said...

So is Elle out of the 12 month old pants yet? :)

emma said...

Believe it or not, she is actually finally right about on with what size she should be. She wears a 3T shirt size and about the same in pants though on some brands the 3T pants swallow her. She can wear 2T pants but they are almost too short on her. Ava is right up in the 6-9 month clothes so she's right on :) Pants are alittle big but short on her so she has the same problems as Elle.

Emily said...

Ava looks more like Shawn than I realized. You have cute kids.