I love the slogan "Life is Good" that I've seen on T-shirts and stuff. I wanted my title to be upbeat but also to reveal why my blog has been growing cobwebs...it's boring right now. I'm okay with that because I don't need things to be earth-shattering every single day....that's too much drama for me. The only interesting thing that has happened lately was yesterday. We took Elle for her four year check-up and shots...four shots to be exact....two in each leg...highly enjoyable....not really. She did very well with all other parts of her well check but she knew what was coming and was very jumpy the whole time. Well she survived as did I and afterwards we went to Target and got some candy...I am all about bribing when it comes to pain...I'm a wimp about shots too so I can sympathize. Anyway she is 41 1/4 inches tall and 32 pounds.....tall and skinny....string bean skinny...pencil skinny....other metaphors for tall and skinny....We don't have to get anymore shots until she is 11 which is AWESOME! Ava is doing well. She has become deaf I'm pretty sure...but maybe not because she can still hear me whisper if it's about food or bugs :) But it's odd because she can't hear me yelling her name at the top of my lungs from 7 feet away...is there a scientific something that goes with this syndrome? She can now tell you just about what sound every animal makes and I think she is recognizing some of her colors...she is beginning to say more also. She's getting good at mimicing the words we say...that's good and bad depending on the word. ;) Nothing else new going on. We are counting down the days till Blue Haven. We are excited and ready to go. Wish we had a "real" vacation planned where we could go and chill for a few days...not working in youth ministry anymore has one big downfall...no fun activities for free or low cost anymore. We haven't really had time off at all since we moved here....there's my pity party for the day. Well, I'm off to wipe a snotty nose and work on some kind of lunch. Enjoy today...we are having record highs right now which made it the perfect time to get a little pool yesterday and get Elle a bathing suit....F-U-N!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh, how I miss my babies! Big and little and medium! See the cards I sent! Love and kisses. Mom and Nana
Lesley has a good name for Ava's hearing problem. It is call selective hearing. :)
Thanks for the update.
i wondered what had happened to you. :)
Post a Comment