Tuesday, June 07, 2011
Friday in San Antonio
Friday started with a breakfast at a little deli called Schilo's just a short walk from our hotel. I was hoping for something between a cheap donut shop and a 5 course breakfast and this was PERFECT! The biscuits were so delicious, the ambiance was such eye candy (and no I didn't take pictures...duh emma), and we were just about the only ones there. It was VERY reasonably priced too. I would definitely recommend it! After a big breakfast, we headed to the Japanese Tea Gardens, which were free and BEAUTIFUL! You should definitely make a little side trip there and we can't wait to take our kids to that place because it was so beautiful and open. After that we headed to the famed Alamo. Mark that one off the list of things to ever do again. Sorry history buffs, it was boring. Then we went across the street to Guinness Book of World Records Museum....worst way to spend $40 in my life. But, on a positive note, it was air conditioned. lol Let's just say, we figured out a lot of things NOT to do with our kids when we bring them back! After all this excitement, we headed back to the Riverwalk and ate at a little BBQ place called The County Line. I AM STILL SPINNING over this one. We decided to order Brisket Tacos for one and we just could not believe how much meat we got! We had to stop eating it before it was all gone, just to keep from getting sick. I will go to this place every single time we are there. Best tacos ever. Need more. There is another one in Austin and I'm already making plans to get there QUICKLY! After lunch, we headed back to the hotel to do nothing at all but watch TV and avoid the heat outside! For dinner we headed to a "modern tex mex" restaurant called Acenar. It was so beautiful inside and we got bold and ordered things we weren't sure about. We tried something called Ceviche which I've heard of before but never tried. It was not too bad, but not too great either. We also ordered Tacos al Parrilla which was AMAZING! It was chicken, cilantro, onion, and pineapple in white corn tortillas. Unfortunately we only ordered one plate of these and we both were wanting more of them! It was a neat little place....are you seeing a common theme here....food. We walked a LOT of the river after that and then I wanted ice cream so we went to Justin's which has all kinds of very weird flavors but was delicious. I got a chocolate/orange flavored ice cream. After all that food, we headed back to the hotel and went to the pool to chill out for a while. We were both so exhausted from all the walking we had done all day and all the heat too! Earlier in the day I had stopped at a bakery and gotten cupcakes, and since we had no kids with us, we headed back to the riverwalk, found some comfy seats and at 10:45 pm, gobbled up our cupcakes. The banana flavored was the best! What a wonderful and exhausting day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Great pics and I can see a wonderful time!Happy for you both and love you too! Mom
Post a Comment