Tuesday, June 07, 2011

San Antonio

To celebrate 12 years of marriage as well as celebrating that the having babies stage of our life is done (Lord willing!), we headed to San Antonio for 3 days and 2 nights. I think I'm going to break these down into a few posts because I'm pretty sure I'll be sidetracked on a regular basis. First, let me say, we had a wonderful time! We have both been to SA before but we were really young and don't remember much. So, it was almost as if we were exploring it anew! We headed there on Thursday morning and drove straight to Fiesta Texas, somewhere I'd never been. We met up with another couple from church that was going on their anniversary trip too and was going to be at Fiesta Texas the same day as us! I found something out about myself. I am officially too old for roller coasters...and that makes me very very sad. I love them dearly. But, my inner ear no longer cares for them. I got SUPER nauseated and dizzy after every single roller coaster. It would take me 20-30 minutes of sitting and sipping a drink to get everything to calm back down....and then I'd go again! I couldn't stop myself!!! I did sit out quite a few rides that Shawn and Dustin did, but it worked out well that Lindsey also was having the same problems as me. At the end of the day, there was just one more ride that I kept eyeing...I just HAD to see what it was like. Shawn tried to warm me and tell me not to go....but I'm stubborn and to curious for my own good. I wish I could explain what it did other than to say that it rolled end over end for about 3 or 4 minutes. I should have known better. After the first roll, I closed my eyes, started deep breathing, and saying quietly to myself "Don't throw up." I only know I was saying that because after I got off, Shawn said he was reading my lips and that's what I was saying. So I managed to stumble to the first table I saw, lay my head down and try to keep from puking everywhere. After a little while, I got up enough umph to get to the car, where I proceeded to break out in a cold sweat. I got a Walmart bag and held my head over it to catch the puke. In true Emma-fashion, I dry heaved but never puked. We somehow made it back to the hotel where I crawled into bed and laid there for about 45 minutes before the nausea finally dissipated and I could function again. It was CRAZY! So, that's how the first part of day 1 went....it does get better though :) Oh and just FYI, I can now check Go to Fiesta Texas off the list of things to do ever. Glad we went, but we both said we would be okay not going back again.


This picture is to document our cups, not ourselves. They cost $14 each....regular drinks were $5 each so we weren't allowed to leave the park until we had refilled it 3 times. lol

Posing near the equivelant of the Texas Giant....which was closed for repairs. Probably a good thing.


This is the big picture of me and Dustin on the last and fatefull ride we rode called the Twister. (click the link to watch a YouTube of what it does!) I zoomed in and put a close up of me in the picture too, just so you can get the full effect of what I was dealing with!


And here's the after-effect.....nauseated on the bed of our really pretty room. Nothing says romance and love like a trash can with a CVS liner on the floor next to the bed!

1 comment:

Jupers said...

I had the same experience the LAST time I rode one of those type of rides! Especially after eating alot of M&M's! I still remember the feeling. Ha