Wednesday, April 17, 2013

12 inches gone!

The girls both got their hair cut today.  And it wasn't just any haircut.  It's the first official salon haircut for Ava and only the 2nd for Elle...and combined they had about 12 inches cut off!  I was dreading this appointment all day.  I was worried that the cut would end up not working or looking right and truthfully hadn't even decided what I was going to allow with the haircut.  But after consulting with our new favorite hairstylist, we decided on a layer look that hit just below the shoulder.  The girls wanted it shorter before the cut, but both absolutely L-O-V-E how it looks.  They were just about as proud as can be to go to worship tonight and basked in the sweet words that all of our friends and theirs had to say about them.  There is just about nothing I love more than seeing my girls feel good about themselves.

So here are the befores and afters of the back of their hair.


And the befores and afters of the front.

Now looking at the befores, I can't believe I took so long to do this!  They needed this a WHILE ago!  So thankful to have found a wonderful stylist for them!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I love how chic and sassy the girls look!

Valerie said...

I love how chic and sassy the girls look!

Jupers said...

Oh my, where are my two little Grandgirls and who are these two little models! Really I know who they are but I LOVE THEIR NEW HAIR CUTS! Tell Elle and Ava I want to get mine cut now! Hugs and kisses, Nana xxxooo

Lauren Hope said...

They both look wonderful and so adorable! I love a good cut - gives so much movement and makes hair look so healthy and shiny. Love too how it frames their sweet faces better.

Tell them Lauren said they look like models that could be in a magazine. :)