Monday, August 26, 2013

First day of 1st and 4th Grade

Here's pictures to remember this first day of the 2013-2014 school year. 




Let the record show that 99.9% of their outfits are their personal choices.  I took a step back, gave advice, and then let them do what they wanted....it was SO HARD TO DO!  But, they are getting older and WAY more opinionated about how they look and this was not a battle I chose to fight!  They did look super cute.  This was the first year that I did not have a single shred of nervousness.  Let's just be honest; I was just anxious to get some quiet time.  Plus I am very confident in our girls school and they both love school so no worries all around.  It was kind of awkward walking each of them into their classroom.  They are both at this place where they still want our reassurance and proximity when they are a little nervous, but you can also tell they don't want to seem babyish so they aren't quite sure how to act with us when their peers are around.   Either way they loved the first day and both have decided to continue on tomorrow. ;)  And now for their traditional 1st day interview:
1st and 4th grade interview from Emma Montandon on Vimeo.

No comments: