Thursday, August 22, 2013

Last week of Summer: Thursday

Today we started with a healthy yummy activity that also happened to be on our summer list.  We made homemade smoothies...for the first time ever.  Merciful heavens I could drink that every morning!  I felt like I was having a dessert to drink!

Making smoothies can be a messy ordeal!

Thumbs up from 1st child!

Now for the "picky" one....

Thumbs up from the second one!!

And one no thank you for naked boy. LOL

Here's my recipe....and I'd take out the oats next time...we added and subtracted based on what we had on hand and what flavors we really liked, but this was the base recipe we went from. 
 
So after that, I took the kids to run errands all morning...all over the place.  Our first stop was CVS for me to buy a huge bag of Skittles.  I came out to the car and showed them the candy and had their attention right away.  I told them that I'd be given 2-3 Skittles to each child for good behavior while driving to each store as well as Skittles for good behavior in the store.  And guess what....they were wonderful and it was the best and smartest $1.50 I've spent in a long time!
 
This evening we headed to meet the teacher at the girls school.  Glad to have it over with.  It's a weird and anxious time for the girls and their teachers and friends they haven't seen all summer, and I'll be glad when we are about 2 weeks into school and back on our nice little schedule.  So after the meet the teacher, I wanted to take the kids to do a back to school photoshoot so off we went.  I think this is my favorite pictures I've taken of my kids.  It helped that the girls were really into it and loved being part of it.  Here's a few of the pictures I took.  The rest are on facebook because there were way too many to put on the blog.  Love love love how these turned out!

 Yeah for 4th grade!!!  This year she has two teachers, one for math and science and one for english.  This is her homeroom/math and science teacher.
 
We really didn't realize that the girls shirts would match their grade color.  lol!
 
 And here's a few photos from the Back to School Photoshoot.



No comments: