Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 3: Morning and Lunch

After our breakfast, we headed towards the National Gallery and Trafalgar Square. 


This is the ONLY time I allowed a stranger to take my camera and it was ONLY because they had asked us in their Italian/broken English if we could take their picture first.

Once inside the National Gallery, we really enjoyed it!  We spent a few hours wandering and I was SO excited to see so many paintings that I've grown up with, or ones that decorate my home.  We weren't suppose to be taking pictures so Shawn used his phone to take this one and I was listening to the audio guide while reading the info on the wall.  This is the one that hangs over my fireplace at home!

This was the first street performer we ran into and our favorite.  We have no idea how he was sitting in mid air but it was impressive.  If we hadn't just barely landed we would have given him money!

The famous lions of Trafalgar Square.  I have photos of me 13 years ago doing the exact same thing!

For lunch, what else but Fish and Chips.  Either we were overly hungry or this was really yummy but either way, it was really good.  Like just about every other meal we ate on our vacation, we split this meal between us.  It was a great way to save money as well as not feel that overly full sleepy feeling in the afternoon!  We would need our energy for all the other things we were doing today!


No comments: