After leaving the breathtaking St. Paul's, built by man's hand, we were equally inspired again by Hyde Park, built by God's hand. The leaves were all beginning to change and there's not much that makes my heart happier that fall leaves.
Our first afternoon destination was Kensington Palace, where Will and Kate will live soon. I have to say, this was probably the least interesting thing we did. The area that was open to visitors has been stripped of it's history. The inside looks so much more like an updated home that a longstanding palace. They did have a section devoted specifically to Queen Victoria that we both loved. It was touching and personal. But the other stuff....it seems that they wanted to create a more artsy contemporary feel and they ended up obliterating the history that the palace holds...shame.
A statue of Queen Victoria that welcomes all who visit Kensington Palace.
After leaving Kensington, we headed towards Buckingham Palace through neighborhoods. We happened across this old church named St. Mary Abbot's Church. It was just so pretty to photograph. So many times while in London and Paris all I could think was "good grief there are so many natural settings for photographers to use...it has to be easy to be an outdoor photographer in London and Paris!"
Then, oh so tired and weary, we turned the corner and saw Buckingham Palace, home of the Queen. I would have loved to be there during the changing of the guards but with time being short and so many other things we wanted to see and do, that one will have to wait for another trip.
I really wish I could have zoomed in closer and gotten a good close up of the guard, but this worked too.
We stumbled upon this gorgeous park in London, called Green Park. I think it was my favorite park in London. It was as beautiful as Hyde Park, but not as popular or crowded. If we hadn't been so tired, I would have plopped down and stayed a while, but we were getting hungry and truly felt like our feet were not going to make it one more step!
I told you we were going to need to soothe ourselves from how tired our body was. We ate some Italian pizza for dinner and then ordered dessert with no care as to how much it cost. Shawn had an chocolate espresso dessert with coffee and I had a piece of banana/toffee pie. It was so yummy.
And here I am writing in my journal. I am SO very glad that I kept that journal. It helped me to stop and be still and be in the moment more often and write the little things about our trip that I know I would have already forgotten otherwise.
Tomorrow we head to P A R I S!!!












No comments:
Post a Comment