Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 7: Parc Monceau, Montmarte, Sacre Coeur

Today was probably the best day of sight seeing for us...so many iconic things to see!  Such beautiful places.  SO.MUCH.WALKING.  I dubbed today "The Death March" when we got back to the hotel.  I felt like I was walking to nowhere until I dropped dead.  We walked further today than any other day and my legs and feet told me all about it for the rest of the trip!

 We started in beautiful Parc Monceau.  What's special about this park other than that it's gorgeous?  Many famous painters including Claude Monet set in this very park painting scenes that are iconic!




After soaking in that beauty we headed for The Sacre Coeur in the area of Montmarte. What a sight to behold.
 We climbed all 50 bazillion steps, avoiding the guys trying to "sell" us a ring made out of string, and stopped to look at this statue....which was actually a human!  I sure do love the street performers that paint themselves all one color. lol

We climbed tons of steps, thought not quite as many as at St. Paul's to behold the view of Paris! 

More narrow passageways...really narrow.

The streets of Montemarte.  This was probably the most interesting neighborhood in Paris, in my opinion.  We saw one "rock" band performing a song on a side street while their videographer filmed, I'm guessing for a music video.  No one else was on the street but us.  We also saw a male model, modeling on the corner of another street while his crew photographed him.  I guess this was the place to go to shoot photos and videos.  It was absolutely beautiful and if I had one regret about our trip, it's that we didn't spend way more time meandering through these narrow streets.  Next time....

We found ourselves deslunch as I like to call it.  We waited until we got to Paris to indulge in a crepe and we ordered a banana and nutella crepe and it was divine...and it was lunch, even though it was dessert.

Feeling inspired from watching the male models photo shoot, I tried it for myself.  I call this "French Pout."

No comments: