Monday started with going from 3 kids to 5 kids! It really was wonderful because the girls' new friends are pretty much what I feel is mirror images of each of them! Same ages, same interests and not a single fight or tear shed and that is saying a lot for girls!
Then we headed to the library for a Skippy John Jones puppet show with crafts and snacks. We saw some of our favorite people there. Levi and Uriah had front row seats. We had to try to keep them from wrestling while they waited for the puppet show to start.
Here's the kid's librarian narrating the show. She does such a great job with the kids and Levi really likes her because she gets them to do a yoga move after story time every week and they become a rock and he likes becoming a rock.
Then it was back home for some tree climbing in the neighborhood.
During Levi's nap, all the girls found quiet things to do. Elle and her friend spent a LOT of time tracing these figures.
Before Spring Break, I went to check out some books for the kids from the library and came across this book...which then got me to thinking I should do a week of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatball dinners (not really following this recipe book though).
So for Monday night, I built it up and told the kids I had something really special having to do with the movie, for dinner. I got their plates out and set them on the table and then started dishing out sardines!
I got sardines on two plates before the rest of the kids grabbed their plate and started freaking out about how smelly it was and how nasty it looked! It was like a nice little pre-April Fools warm up for me. Quite enjoyable if I do say so myself.
I did redeem myself by letting them make DIY pizzas for dinner, which no one complained about and strangely no one wanted to add sardines to.
After getting them all riled up, I headed off to Bunco and started a long night of extreme pain....to be continued on Tuesday.









No comments:
Post a Comment