Sunday, March 09, 2014

Spring? Break

Whether it's Spring or not is debatable but whether we have school next week is not.  We're on a wintery/non-spring break for the next week.  Everyone is so excited to turn the alarms off and have no schedule whatsoever!  Here's how we've started it:
 
Friday, we were supposed to go camping with some friends, but the weather was just not going to cooperate.  It was suppose to be very breezy and getting colder as the day went on.  Saturday wasn't looking good either.  So we just headed to their house for a camping inspired meal.  We had hotdogs on the grill, homemade potato salad, baked beans, corn on the cob and ended with S'Mores....lots and lots of S'Mores.  We had three flavors of peeps to try in place of regular marshmallows and I also made one that had sliced strawberries on it...it was wonderful!

We even had a bag of MASSIVE marshmallows and had fun trying to roast those.  They were about the size of 5 large marshmallows put together!

It was a good thing we didn't camp because we woke up to a chilly and very wet Saturday morning.  There is no camp weather I hate worse that wet and cold!  Again I wonder, wherefore art thou oh Spring?

Spring Break also means everyone gets to pick their favorite box of cereal!  This is a real treat since I don't buy these kinds ever!  When we took the kids to the store and told them they could pick out any box of cereal they wanted, you would have thought we'd told them we were going to Disney World.  (I have to admit I was excited too!)

And no "spring" would be complete without Levi's annual breathing treatments.  He seems to have made it a tradition to get Bronchiolitis every single early spring sometime between Feb-March.  At least he acts like he feels fine, but his lungs sound like someone is scrunching up cellophane every time he breaths out.
I have a few fun tricks up my sleeve for the coming week.  I truly do love Spring Break with my kids.  It's just short enough that I can spoil them a little extra and do some fun things and then it's time to start back to school!  And whoever thought to have our Spring Break coincide with the time change was a genius!

No comments: